Thursday, February 7, 2008

Book Issues

I think I have problems...I may be having a problem. I started a book Guns, Germs and Steel but then I was talking about Mansfield Park and I decided that I just had to read it so I put the other book on hold for a few days and finished up Mansfield Park. Now I am almost done with Guns, Germs and Steel but I am dying to read Persuasion (yes, it will be about my 8 or 9th time) but I just got a hold of the Stephanie Meyer series which I have been wanting to read for forever so do I choose that or go with Persuasion or finish Gun, Germs and Steel...Also, I told myself that the Book of Mormon should always be the book I have read the most but at my current rate that will exclude any Jane Austen book and the Harry Potter series (except Deathly Hallows which I have only read 3 times) in about 3-4 years because I usually read them once or twice a year! I guess if you consider that I will also probably read the B of M at least once every year during those 3-4 years I should stay ahead of the curve. I have problems....

5 comments:

jet said...

You're either crazy or have a few crazy kids to distract you. I'm going with the second. ;)

katharine said...

i'm in the same boat, maybe we need to join a 'over-reader's anonymous' group??

Melissa said...

Yes, Katherine...I thought you might have this same problem ;) I know a few others who might be suffering. Maybe we could invite Michele and do an intervention.

LNLisa said...

No need for an intervention! Just come to my house. I'll be happy to be your supplier! ;)

Twilight is a fun series, and I hope you'll enjoy it. The books are long though, so I found it helpful to take a break about midway through the series. So my suggestion? Start the Twilight books, read Persuasion on the break, and then finish the Twilight books. :D Happiness, right?

katharine said...

"Read much, but not many Books."
-Benjamin Franklin in 'Poor Richard's Almanac'
why can't i do that?