Thursday, February 21, 2008

Knife -> Foot

I rarely have embarrassing things happen to me. That isn't to say that I don't embarrass myself plenty when I open my mouth but physically speaking I haven't had to many crazy things happen. Never broken a bone, never let out or off undesirable smells at bad times, don't regularly trip or hit my head into things or drop things on myself. Once when I was in 8th grade in geometry class the teacher asked me a question and when I went to answer it I sneezed, coughed and hiccuped all at about the same time. It was actually such an unusual experience that I just burst out laughing (with the rest of the class) and the teacher said, "Bizarre child," and moved on. Anyway, I digress...so today when I had an accident it was quite a shock. I actually dropped a knife on my foot. The tip went right into my big toe. At first I thought the knife had fallen on me but not actually cut me. Then I got into the van to go to the church for lunch (I forgot my food because of the knife) and as I pulled out of the neighborhood I noticed blood running down my foot. I took a napkin and wrapped it around the toe for the rest of the drive and it had mostly stopped bleeding when I got to the church. The cut doesn't seem too bad but I think it could have used stitches but since I've never had to have any stitches (excluding pregnancy related) I figure I'll just wait and see :)

No comments: