Saturday, March 29, 2008

ME

So I received my first "tag." I was reading my friends blog and she had a short list of people she wanted to tag and I saw the name Melissa and I thought, "What Melissa do we know?" So I clicked on the name and my blog came up ;) Then I realized that she meant me...hmmmmm....
So here it is.

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was back for my first semester at BYU after my mission. In March I had started a new job and in about 2 weeks from now John is finally going to decide that he likes me and admit it to me and himself.

2. Five things on my to-do list today?
  • Laundry
  • Clean up the house for potential viewers
  • Cook dinner
  • Pay tithing
  • Help finish Josh's car for the pinewood derby

3. What snacks do you enjoy?
Chips - Wavy Lays, Oreo 100 calorie packs, Kashi TLC Pumpkin Spice, Black Bean and White Corn Salsa

4. What would you do if you suddenly became a billionaire?
For real a billionaire? Set up trusts for my children and future grandchildren. Pay off every one's student loans (brothers, sister), save the rest for the future and I would give this house to someone in the ward who really needs it. Take some trips and then I might open a Swiss bank account just for fun so that I could say things like "in our Swiss back account...."

5. Three bad habits
  • Chocolate and Chips - they are even better eaten at the same time!!!
  • Over reading - Reading is a good habit but some times I can get carried away
  • Staying up to late - I try to go to bed but I usually like to read...see bad habit number 2
6. Five places I've lived
  • Anaheim, CA
  • Boise, ID
  • Provo, UT
  • Seoul and Pusan, South Korea
  • Austin, TX
7. Five jobs I've had
  • Taught English
  • Work at BYU Studies mostly reception/subscription work
  • Media Play Book Dept.
  • Faneuil Research - Office Manager
  • McKay Education Library
8. Five things people don't know about me
I don't know...I am really not that interesting so there are barely 5 things to KNOW about me let alone 5 things to not know :)
  • I actually lettered in Drama in high school along with soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball and science.
  • I broke a butterfly swimming record in Boise that had stood for 15 years and although I am pretty sure someone has broken my record now it at least made it about 8 years.
  • I have seen the video Rattle and Hum at least 250 times, I stopped counting around 270...grades not so good my freshman year!
  • I won 50 games of freecell in a row and then gave it up. It isn't that hard to do, you just have to practice a lot before you start a streak!
  • In my whole life I have only beaten my brother Brant once at any nintendo game. It happened one time when we did a round of about 50 races on MarioKart and I got a lightening bolt 3 times in one race. He won the other 49 and the hundreds of other games we have played. Is it because I am that bad at nintendo you ask? No, it is because he is that good! On a side note, I did beat him at Wii bowling this last trip to Utah so I guess that is two times in 3 decades I have beaten him :)

I think it would be fun to hear the answers to these questions from Eldon, Stephanie, Tonia (if she sees this), Jet and Janine

3 comments:

Marci said...

if you need help setting up that swiss bank account...

Tonia said...

That is funny. I was reading it and got to the bottom and thought, "what a coincidence, she knows another Tonia with the same spelling as me!" Okay, it is kinda late.....

Ronald said...

Those are some interesting facts about you. They are mostly positive...but sorry that you've only beat Brant twice in your life at Nintendo.