Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hmmm....

Why so many posts today you ask? I have to sit with my leg up.....
This morning I was cleaning up as fast as possible because John and the 3 older boys were at a camp out. Seth and I were trying to be productive. As I was taking something down the stairs, Seth was coming up so I stepped to try and avoid him. The good news is I didn't step on Seth, the bad news is I fell the rest of the way down the stairs (not that far) and really, really hurt my ankle. This is my weak ankle. Previous sports and falling off a cliff injury. Actually, the last time I really hurt it was when I fell off that cliff (only about 15-20 feet, so not that far). I am guessing just based on many past experiences that I probably won't be able to walk on it for 3-4 days and will probably need a brace for 2-3 weeks. So, it isn't really that big of a deal but it is a really, really inconvenient time. Not that a is ever a convenient time for a sprained ankle...Anyhow, Hyrum has his surgery this week and I need to keep packing and cleaning, etc. Plus I had some laser work done on my nose to fix a vein on Friday so I can't take any medicine related to aspirin which would help with the swelling but ruin the vein on my nose. Maybe Hy and I can just lay around for a week or two. Life isn't all bad....there is a cool front coming tomorrow so I can open windows again!!

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Oh, that is awful. It is so hard to be out of commission AND be the Mom! Why does Hyrum need surgery?

katharine said...

way to look for the silver lining -- hooray for cold fronts! sorry about your ankle!