Thursday, April 10, 2008

An Inconvenient truth....

It is very inconvenient to sell a house. Yesterday someone called in the middle of the afternoon and gave 30 min notice that they were coming. It was, of course, the day I decided to cook up most of the meat for our meals this week and cut up the vegetables. I had to toss the dirty pans in our recycle bin to hide them. I had a load of wet laundry on the rack drying which I just threw back into the hamper. Seth had been asleep for about 40 minutes so I had to wake him up and he was NOT happy. The older boys were unhappy when I picked them up for school and told them we couldn't go home for an other hour because they were STARVING (according to them). Today we have people coming from 5-7pm. John went to bed at 6:00am (dissertation done) and I went to bed at midnight and got up at 5:30 (thank you Matthew) trying to help John. I have to wake John up in a few hours so he can get to school and print off his dissertation to give to professors and get their signature. But wait you are thinking....the house is already clean from yesterday so it shouldn't be a big deal. That is where you are wrong. We had to let the kids back in late yesterday afternoon so it begins again and I really just want a nap today instead of cleaning ;)
Don't get me wrong though....I am more than happy to do it all if that means the house will sell (but I better get to see The Office tonight)!!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

That REALLY stinks. Trying to sell a house is my personal nightmare.
Good luck!

jet said...

Remember how you got locked out too?

Corrine said...

that awesome two showings! but i understand the pain! you can come and hang out at the church tonight for the activities.

I was going to have an office party and then Paula asked me if I was coming to the thing tonight at church and said I would, but hopefully our dvr will work just right!

EGP said...

I thought my life was stressful, you need a vacation from your problems!

katharine said...

hang in there!

Marci said...

was the office funny? I'm praying for your house to sell.