Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life and the gospel really are amazing...

I don't have much time to get down all my thoughts so I might add some later but it is a stressful time right now. There are so many things I am trying to get done and so much that needs to get done. Plus the anticipation of all the work that will have to be done in the future. When we came to Texas all I really needed was housing and to find where the grocery store was. Life is so much more complicated now and it has been stressful trying to find housing, finish John's dissertation, get the house ready, try and sell the house, pack up, get the info I need for Hyrum, finish off doctors appointments, taxes, etc...you know the list. Anyway, not everything has gone smoothly and the house hasn't sold yet but through it all we have received so much kindness and generosity. I live in one of the best wards and everyone through the years have always been so wonderful and kind. There is always a hello, you look nice, how are things, etc...What amazing blessings the gospel brings even in the smallest form. I worked with some of the greatest women in the RS and John in YM, my visiting teachers for many years have been wonderful, our children have had the best primary teachers and presidency. The sweet friendship and support has made the last few months (and years for that matter) so easy compared to what they could have been. This is my quick thanks to all our wonderful friends, both here and afar, and family. We love you!!

3 comments:

Corrine said...

can i just say I feel your pain and your gratitude :)

Marci said...

i miss the austin ward so much. i really wish i was there to help you pack and clean, but mainly just to laugh with you (definitely not at you).

Patricia- Digiheaven Designs said...

You are truly going to be missed. I am mad at myself for not getting to know you better. It is hard seeing everyone move out of the ward. Being one of the "old timers" and one of the few "stable" families in the ward, we have seen a lot of people move away. I wish you all the best of luck. If you ever need someone to watch the boys that are not yet in school, let me know. Rachael is at home to help me out and Jeremy would love the extra entertainment.