Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Windows vs. Linux 3 to 2

I think we all know that I have been banished to outer darkness, aka Linux but apparently in outer darkness there are a few things they have figured out ;) This may be my favorite thing about linux. To change the volume you can just move your mouse to the volume icon and use the scroll in your mouse. It is so awesome! You don't have to click and then move the bar up and down and up and down. This is so handy when watching things online....too bad you have to use windows to view almost everything online. Most stuff isn't linux compatible.

PS - hold on to your seats people because I have been informed that the new version of ubuntu comes out on April 24. Welcome Hardy Heron....I can barely wait! Each new version of ubuntu gets more and more like windows. Now if firefox would just join the club!

2 comments:

jet said...

Amen on Firefox!

Patricia- Digiheaven Designs said...

I love Firefox. My "new tab" button is right above where the new tab was in Internet explorer. I wish I could run Linux. I am sick of Windows. However, Photoshop won't run in Linux and I use Photoshop daily in my home business. I have to put up with Windows for now.