Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ode to Brian and Janine...

Well, today I had a lot of opportunities to remember our friends Brian and Janine including how to squeeze all the juice out using a fork and a very tasty dessert ;) But the main reason is our Christmas tree. Our apartment is so small that I seriously considered not putting up the Christmas tree because there was so place for it to go or we thought about getting a tiny table tree. Our Christmas tree is not big. It was the cheapest Walmart tree a few years ago and it is shorter than me. Still there was no space for it but then I remembered Brian and Janine. They had a gigantic tree so they could only put up half of it in student house. Well, we only got to put up about 1/3 of our tree because it had to go into a corner next to the bookcase. If I had a camera that worked I would put up a picture, next week maybe.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Feeling pretty darn special here! With our tree we started with a little over a fourth on the bottom, and once we got to the top it looked just fine. I was just thinking of putting up our tree soon. Cora is spellbound by trees in the stores, so I figure we should get one up here... We miss you guys!

Crazy Mom of Four said...

can't believe you put your tree up already, sorry it doesn't "fit" and I know how small it is...

Patti said...

That reminds me of a story I just read to Allison yesterday...."Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree" by Robert Barry. Just one I picked up at the library. His tree is too tall, so he cuts off the top, and then someone finds the top and takes it home---but, then it's too tall, so they cut off the top. Real predictable at this point, but your boys would love it, too. This also reminds me of the year we used a plant for our "Christmas Tree". And now we have the hand-me-down tree from our neighbors back when we lived in Utah....Like 11 years ago....