Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ARGH...

It is only noon and already it has been a crazy day. This is a long post so you don't need to read it ;) Also, I love my husband and he has so many amazing qualities but quite frankly after watching him for the last 10 years with callings in the church I am amazed that the Church still functions with men in charge. I must accept that John inherited a little Leonish and therefore married someone who is a little Leahish in her responsibilities and organization.

My day started with someone calling at 7:00am. "Are you Alice?" "No..." "I need Alice." "There is no one here named Alice." "Go get me Alice, I am looking for Alice and I need her." "I am sorry but there is no Alice." "I want her right now. Is this (my phone number)." "Yes, that is the right number but there isn't anyone here named Alice." "I am so and so and Alice is associated with AA and this is the number they have listed for Alice so go get her." "I am sorry but..." "Is this Alice. I know she is there because this is the right number." "I am sorry, this is a family housing apartment for the university." "No it isn't, go get her. Are you Alice. I know this is her." "No, I am sorry..." "Whatever, you know she is there." "No, there isn't anyone here..." "Liar, liar pants on fire!!!" She hangs up. I would like to add that this person wasn't drunk, she was angry and yelling the whole time. My guess is she was calling about someone who was drunk. Yikes...

I went back to sleep for a few minutes while John finished getting ready to leave. The boys had already left for school but I dreamed that he got up with the boys and decided that he didn't feel like getting them ready for school so he just let them stay home. I have this dream about half the time John gets up with the boys. When he left for work he came in a woke me up by sitting on me and singing. I was in the middle of the dream begging him to please drive the kids to school so they won't get in trouble so I awoke quite startled and almost punched him because I was so upset.

I am also planning a huge surprise party for the husband of a less active sister that has physical disabilities so she can't do it. I spent the morning planning on how I was going to finish cake for 35 - 40 people and making a list of everything else that needs to be done. Then the calls for John started coming in. He was suppose to make food assignments for the Blue and Gold banquet tonight! They had not been made of course (see 1st paragraph). I call him to ask what he wants done and he tells me to call everyone back and tell them their assignment. Nice...anyway, Seth is also in the middle of a 30 minute breakdown related to his baby doll stroller breaking. I start fixing the stroller and call everyone back and tell them the food assignments. A few minutes later I get a call from John saying that he is going to redo the food assignments because some people had emailed and said what they would bring. He hadn't bothered to read the emails before calling me because he "its not like I haven't been doing anything...I have been working." Argh...you realize that this will be the 3rd time I have talked to some of these mothers today. It's all figured out now and at least I don't have to go to the store and get everything which was John's first suggestion for filling the food assignments ;) And John gets upset at me for having dreams about how irresponsible he is....

13 comments:

The Thorley Family said...

Maybe you should join AA... it might be easier ;)

Tonia said...

I got a call today too! New member discussions at our house tonight. Just make sure the house is clean and we have a good dessert. Oh, and he had to skip lunch so can we have a big dinner? (sigh)

Marisa said...

Yeah, that is some craziness! I wish we could go to the party on Saturday, but I have a Family Housing event at the same time. :o(

Charly said...

Haha...Michelle's comment cracked me up! What a day you've had!

Stephanie said...

Hilarious! I think that another round of Anne of Green Gables would brings things back to order. ;)

Jacki said...

And at least you're not Alice... eek!

jet said...

You should have asked Alice to make the calls for you. :)

Raspberry said...

Oh man. Now that is a full day! And that phone call...
I'm not on facebook anymore, so you can email it(the recipe) to me or comment, or if you don't have my email, call me and I'll give it to you that way (don't want the world to have it. :)

Leah Prince said...

Things will get better, Melissa, I know it.

Brittany said...

Joe and John appear to be related ;)

Eric said...

I get the same complaints from Krinn every time she comes home from correlation. I hate to admit it, but in most cases y'all are dead right.

Bruce and Cindy said...

It is evident that Alice was drunk when she gave our her phone number!

Marci said...

my favorite part is that the alice lady used the words, "liar liar pants on fire....."

i love you melissa... you always make me laugh!!