Monday, February 16, 2009

Food

I read somewhere last week that American's throw away 1/4 of the food they buy. That seems almost impossible to believe. The report said that most of it was produce which I guess is more understandable but still...
I am not too happy with the economy, the price of food, ethanol and how expensive Boulder is. My monthly budget has been shot to pieces over the last year. I can't completely blame Boulder because it was getting messed with down in Austin too. Food prices climbed an average of 7% this year with many staples increasing in the double digits. Is anyone else having this problem? It makes me feel like my life is out of control...I just cannot make my food budget as small as I want it. I don't want to spent that much on food...

6 comments:

Charly said...

I am right there with you! We have been making such a conscious effort to not waste food and I think we're doing a great job of it, we don't get too fancy with our meal menus these days either...and yet I still don't feel like our food bill is going down.

Leah Prince said...

I am buying less and less and spending more. Can't figure it out. I am trying to make bread, and have lots of beans too.

Marisa said...

We go to Wal-Mart and Sunflower and King Soopers--NEVER Safeway. I think Safeway is a LOT more expensive.

Patti said...

So, that's where all my money is going! I knew there was something fishy going on. Yes! I'm not going crazy. I must ask Scott for more money. Thanks for the ammunition.

Bruce and Cindy said...

Now will you semi-forgive your mom and dad for making you drink powdered milk? That, our huge garden, and homemade wheat bread was the only way we could make budget.

Melissa said...

No, I am still not over the powered milk!!