Sunday, March 15, 2009

15 movie quotes quiz

RULES

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad.
6. You DON'T have to be tagged in the note to play.

  1. I tell you to go out and shovel the walks and you come back in, two hours later, talking about willows! CIPHER IN THE SNOW - ELDON
  2. He chose poorly. INDIANA JONES - ELDON
  3. I was wonderin' if, uh, you wouldn't mind marryin' me very much. ROCKY - TONIA
  4. I only understand wushu. I practiced for many years to understand what Wushu is, what is wushu's real purpose. The competition must continue. One cannot choose how one's life begins. It takes courage to finish the final step.
  5. This entire year's been a waste! I've just blown another year of eligibility! RUDY - JET
  6. Dinner means death. Death means carnage! Christmas means carnage!! BABE - JENNY
  7. How is it you can keep so serene...and stay so utterly insensible...with a storm of shells and bullets raining about your head? Captain Smith...my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death, I do not concern myself with that...but to be always ready, whenever it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live. Then all men would be equally brave. GODS AND GENERALS - ELDON
  8. Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS. STAR TREK IV - JET
  9. Po-tay-toes LOTR (TWO TOWERS) - JET
  10. You have the worst reflexes of all time. NAPOLEON DYNAMITE - JET
  11. I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER - BEN ;)
  12. Hey, what do you say we both be independent together, huh?
  13. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. STAR WARS (A NEW HOPE) - JET
  14. Piracy is our only option. SENSE AND SENSIBILITY - TONIA
  15. Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share / That's why it's so important. It separates us from them. BATMAN BEGINS - BRANT

9 comments:

EGP said...

1)Cipher in the Snow, best movie of all time.
2)Indiana Jones, Last Crusade, after Nazi guy chooses poorly
7)Gods and Generals, nothing like a little Stonewall

That should get things started, didn't want to take them all. ;)

jet said...

3. John proposing to Melissa...oh wait, this is a movie quiz!

5. When Sam Wise Gamgee played football - Rudy.

8. Sir Captain Kirk in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home <3

9. LOTR - The Two Towers?

10. Napoleon Dynamite can still dream of being a cage fighter.

11. Don't know what it is from, but didn't Tom Selleck say it? I don't know why I would know that...

13. Mr. H. Solo in Star Wars.

15. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's not Superman! Hmm, you shouldn't play with fire inside mansions.

Flying Princess said...

ingstaid

2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
5. Rudy
6. Star Wars, A New Hope
8. Star Trek, the whale one with colorful metaphores

Not so good again. You can sure come up with stumpers.

Raspberry said...

I forgot that the same guy played Rudy...but I knew it was on there. Just didn't know which one.
There are a lot of action movies on this. Except...number 3. Babe.

Raspberry said...

Sorry, I MEANT number 6, not 3. I was distracted.

allyantis said...

Uh its brant. Number fifteen is batman begins!!!

Tonia said...

14) Sense and Sensibility

Tonia said...

I got up and started thinking about it - Isn't number 3 from Rocky? Yeah,don't know which one. I swear I have heard the independent quote from somewhere.

Tonia said...

Ben wanted to do it and he says number 11 is Quigley Down Under after he shoots the Alan Rickman at the end. Yeah....Don't remember watching that one with him.
THE BEN IS AWESOME