Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goodreads....

So we let Hy and Josh start lists on goodreads. I had a hunch that it might inspire more reading and it has worked very well. They really like adding books to their list. It is a little harder for Hy but I told him he has to read them all himself before we add them but his list is growing slowly. Goodreads has this new thing were you can add your favorite authors. Of course, JK and Austen and Tolkien have a lot of fans but I was surprised that I am one of 3 Michael Shaara fans (it's not like he hasn't won a Pulitzer) and one of 2 JD Fitzgerald fans. Henry James doesn't even have 20 fans...of course, he is a hard read ;) It is amusing to see how many or how few fans your favorite author has.

3 comments:

McCulloch Family said...

Oooh! What a great idea!!! I'm going to steal it for Katelynne, that is fun! Although, I'm not sure that I want to link to her and show her what Mommy has been reading.. not that I have a habit of reading inappropriate books LOL but I do have some on there that I hope she never reads (Ie: Water for Elephants)!

Melissa said...

You can set their privacy settings really high. That is what I did and no one know the email address we signed up under. That helps.

Raspberry said...

I tried to do goodreads...I'm not cool enough, I guess. And I read a lot so it's hard to keep up. I do book reviews anyways. So it's one less website to keep up with. sigh.