Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movie Quotes Quiz

RULES

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad.
6. You DON'T have to be tagged in the note to play.

I had so much fun doing this on my friends blogs. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where I had heard their quotes!! I knew I had seen some of them but could not think of the movie. I was very entertained ;) I tried not to make them too hard and didn't get in every movie but it was still so much fun. John is tempted to do his own list and you should too so I can be even more entertained!!

1. "Never tell me the odds." STAR WARS - EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - JENNY (RYAN)
2. "
You are nine hours behind the toughest target you have ever tracked." BOURNE (ULTIMATUM) - JET
3. "I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers, because that's the name he came with. " BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS - JENNY
4. " Howd'ya sleep, Jack? On me back, Mush." NEWSIES - JILL
5. "I wish to check the position of the Nile. My sister tells me it is in South America." SENSE AND SENSIBILITY - JENNY
6. "I like to see a man of advancing years throwing caution to the wind. It's inspiring in a way. My years are not advancing as fast as you might think." GROUNDHOG'S DAY - JENNY
7. "Your bodyguard?"....His gardener. " LOTR - TONIA
8. " But not handsome enough to tempt me." PRIDE AND PREJUDICE - JENNY
9. "I see salt and pepper... is there a salt substitute?"/"Is this corn hand shucked?" WHAT ABOUT BOB - JENNY
10. "But if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit." ANNE OF GREEN GABLES - MARISA
11. "That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken. " MARY POPPINS - JENNY
12. "My practices aren't designed for your enjoyment. "
13. "the lyrics are real heavy lyrics... you’re mighty young to write such heavy lyrics."(Yes, this is the only movie I have seen over 300 times)
RATTLE AND HUM - TIFFANY (of course, because she was with me the 300 times I watched it ;)
14. "If you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye." WHITE CHRISTMAS - MARISA
15. "The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!" (This represents a great love of whole series)

12 comments:

Raspberry said...

Ryan's guess - 1. Empire Strike's Back.
Me - 3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
5. Sense and Sensibility
6. Groundhogs Day
8. Pride and Prejudice
9. WHAT about BOB?!
11. Mary Poppins

Sorry if I did too many. :) So maybe you should have John do one too.

Melissa said...

No, you did good Jenny! I am glad to see someone else likes some of my movies!!

The Newbold's said...

13- RATTLE & HUM!!!!! Oh, the memories:)))

Flying Princess said...

sestsh

1. Star Wars (my boy Han)
9. What about Bob

Apparently you are quoting movies that have come out in the last seven years when I started having kids and stopped going to movies.

I'm interested to see what the rest of them are.

Melissa said...

Tiffany...I knew you would come through!!

Melissa said...

PS Jenny...if I had put up some Pete's Dragon would you have gotten that too? Maybe you should come watch it with us ;)

Raspberry said...

There is a distinct possibility that I would have known quotes from Pete's Dragon. I can remember MANY a night watching it...

jet said...

2. Bourne, Jason Bourne!

Okay, I will stop there since I already reviewed the answers with you. :)

Jill Cochran said...

I am terrible with movies, but I do know one of them.

4. Newsies

Brian & Marisa Neyenhuis said...

10 is Anne of Green Gables! :)

Marisa said...

14 - "White Christmas"

Tonia said...

I think 7 is Lord of the Rings. Isn't it Sam talking? (Do I have to get which one? Better go watch all of them over again :)