Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I smoked pot and I turned out fine...

This was the title of the newsletter that just came out from the Boulder Valley School District. I can't help it...I found it both sad and hilarious. The newsletter was directed at parents and was a whole article on why they shouldn't let their children smoke pot just because they did. It was sad that the whole argument was based around the fact that even though they smoked pot that doesn't mean their children will turn out okay if they smoke pot. They had some really interesting facts about how damaging marijuana really is that I didn't know. I am sure you can imagine...Boulder High School has a much higher average of students that smoke pot over the national average. Maybe they should stop inviting guest speakers that encourage the students to try "all sorts of drugs and different types of sex." However, if they did that then they wouldn't be BHS...

4 comments:

Tonia said...

I had a long conversation about this with my sister-in-law one day. She knows a guy who smokes a lot of pot but scored record highs on the SAT's and has a high intelligence. She was arguing that the pot smoking has not effected his brain cells or made him less intelligent in any way......yeah, I did mention that he is working at a gas station and is in his 30's but she doesn't think the two are related.

Raspberry said...

The horrible schools and liberal viewpoints found in them are two of the top reasons we will never make our home here permanently. (In Boulder, that is.)
:)

merathon said...

did they seriously say that at the school?? whoa.

Marci said...

i feel good about that.......