Monday, April 27, 2009

Traumatic...

I know some won't think this is a big deal but it is very hard for me to accept...Josh is big. We decided to get the van fixed. The boys have today off from school. John took the van in but I had to go pick him up in the car. The car only fits 5. I had to leave Josh home ALONE for the first time ever. Sigh...could it be possible that Josh is able to stay at home alone now? I know he is nine and he was excited about getting to stay home but I am not sure I am ready for him to be so big. I think many of you can understand. You have little ones and you think it will be like that for so long and you can't believe there will be a day that they can stay home alone. It is so far off you can't even imagine. That was me yesterday but today I woke up and realized my family is no longer shifting, it has shifted to an older, young family. In all honesty I think Hyrum probably could have handled staying home too (but I am not ready to let go of Hy yet).
This is a picture of Josh from his presentation on the Wright brothers...he looked so much older dressed up. (tear)

4 comments:

Tyson said...

That hat is sweet. Suh-Weet! Don't be too sad. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people out there (Sara included) that wonder whether I'm old enough to stay home alone. I'm probably not.

Charly said...

They grow up SOOOO fast!!!

Raspberry said...

I think that's why everyone seems to have a 'caboose'.
I, on the other hand, can not wait for my child to not be a toddler anymore. I'm afraid those are the ages I have the hardest time with.

Corrine said...

he is getting big, and you are about half way done with him :) its crazy how fast they grow. he looks all dapper in that picture!