Sunday, May 3, 2009

I need a king with lightning (said by Hy today)

I substituted as Hyrum's primary teacher today. I started to worry a little bit when...

They asked the question, what do mothers do? The first boy answered "nurture" The next couple of kids, "cook" and "clean". I think people expect my boys to give good answers. The singing leader walked up to Hyrum. What do mothers do, Hyrum? His somber reply, "die". Which, if you think about it, they all pretty much do "die" at one point or another anyway. [Hyrum's been sort of thinking about death and the resurrection lately so I sort of understood where he's coming from]. So, then I notice that in the rest of sharing time he's working on a couple of pictures in a notebook of his. Picture #1 entitled "Dark Fighter". Picture #2 entitled "Dark King". Well, if you put two and two together you might get a little worried about our little Hyrum. After primary was over there was one drawing left on the ground. It was a footprint talking about following Jesus and it had about 30 hearts meticulously drawn all around the footprint. I was asking all the little girls who left their picture but no one would fess up and I sort of forgot about it. Later in the car I noticed that Hyrum was holding the picture. "Hyrum, is that your picture?" "Yep" See, don't worry about Hyrum.

4 comments:

Janine said...

I always love hearing what the boys are up to now. Your boys are such a fun combo of sweet, and explosive energy!

Tonia said...

I love comments in Primary. Mine aren't always cute though. I had one girl who misbehaved all the time and then one day her mom didn't show to pick her up and she let me know she was probably still in with the bishop who she has to meet with every week. Oh. Maybe that's why you are having problems. (The parents announced their divorce two months later). Poor kid. Wonder what teacher surmise from my kids comments.

Raspberry said...

hahaha. Don't worry. I think my brother Jake is still obsessed with death.

Marisa said...

huh! yeah, I wondered if I heard right! (when he said "die.") ;)