Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm not crying...

Every Sat the boys have a list of jobs to do along with one job on weekdays. Hyrum probably struggles the most. He always ends up doing his jobs because he doesn't get any screen time until they are done but there is a LOT of complaining and stomping and crying. "It's tooooo boring." "My heart is too tired." "My brain says it can't do it." It goes on and on but lately Hy has been doing better. On Sat morning John told the boys to start their jobs. Hyrum walked upstairs and started his jobs. About a minute later Hyrum asked John, "I am not crying...why?" John didn't really understand so he said "what?" Hyrum answered, "I am doing work and I am not crying...why dad?" John went into a long discussion about how is he growing up and how he's starting to understand that work is good for us. Hy didn't seemed convinced but just said "okay" and finished his work happily.

3 comments:

jet said...

What great lines!

I'm surprised Hyrum didn't whip out one of those during the growing up speech. ;) Hee hee, j/k John.

Tonia said...

Nice to know my kid isn't the only one to do that. Audrey's legs always seem to get really tired the second she has to do any chores....

Sara said...

Oh, man -- that is good stuff! :0