Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Fun...


This weekend we had John's brother and his wife, John's sister and her husband and 3 kiddos come stay with us. It probably wasn't as fun for them because they had John and I to talk to but we had a blast. Sara and Brittany did most of the dishes which made John ultra happy. We had a pasta and bean filled weekend which is what you would expect if Sara and I are cooking ;) Everything was delicious. We played, walked on the creek path and hiked.

To say that the kids had a fun time would not completely describe their job. Little Seth spent the whole time playing with Zoey. When we asked the boys what their favorite part was Math said it was playing with Zoey. Seth his favorite part was Zoey and Hyrum and Josh said their favorite part was playing with Fields and Walter. Joe and Brittany left first. After they left we spent awhile talking about how great they are. After Scott and Sara left and everyone stopped crying we also spent a long time talking about how great they are.


One cute story...on Sunday morning I went in to check on all the kids who had slept together in Math and Seth's room. They had been up for awhile but they were all sitting on their sleeping bags and Josh was reading to everyone. I asked how they were doing, did they sleep well, etc. They answered fine. I asked if they were ready to come downstairs and eat and get ready for church. They said no, they wanted to stay upstairs and "talk" together for longer.


4 comments:

Raspberry said...

How fun - I just wish I had more room when family came to visit. :)

Tonia said...

Ahhhh, Eliora tells the other kids stories at night when they are scared to get them to go back to sleep. I love it when they are bonding without any help from me!

Raspberry said...

Hey - and by the way, I still haven't called because of the green snot that is coming out of my boy's nose. Just saying. :)

Sara said...

Seth's looks remind me of your dad. :)