Friday, July 3, 2009

Do you smell fear...

So I have a lot of things that are depressing me right now. Pregnancy, the never ending money crunch, the credit crunch not lightening in time to buy a house, the over all economy, serious lack of sufficient retirement savings, lack of sleep, lack of good food, interest rates rising, the government in general, etc...you get the idea...
These are all stressful but what do I really dread the most (besides pregnancy)? What has hung a little black rain cloud over all of my spring and summer? It's the BYU vs. OU game.

How can anyone be happy knowing that in two months we could be watching a horrific blue blood bath? I know that OU along with Bradford are way overrated but that still doesn't change the fact that they are a good team and us not so much. We have a good history of upsets against amazing teams but this year I haven't been able to summon any faith. I've tried to dream beautiful dreams of the future based on the amazing recruiting success of this year but the future is clouded with the present looming OU. I dislike OU, ever since the 80's and their stupid sooner wagon. Dislike, dislike, dislike them (John says I can't say hate) which is why I make such an excellent Texas fan.
What if Texas loses to OU also? This could be the worst football season ever... That game could send me into early labor. What if that little dork Bradford gets the Heisman again? This could be SOOOOOOOOOO bad!
People, don't let your happiness depend on college football!! Escape while there is still time.

6 comments:

Raspberry said...

haha!
Oh dear. I'm afraid all of the other things you mentioned totally stress/scare me as well, but not quite college football. I think it's because I was there during the tortilla throwing phase. hmmm.

DRP said...

I'm also kind of stressed about the BYU OU game. I'm fearing a blood bath; the field stained with blue blood, though, not red.

Melinda said...

I love you.

EGP said...

Well, the stadium seats are all blue, maybe that will inspire the Cougars.

jet said...

Oh my, I better get out of football now! (I don't know that Eldon woudl agree though)

Tyson said...

OU is a bunch of pansies. Seriously, their mascot is based on a bunch of poor, land-grabbing, outcasts?

Besides, OU has a darker color of red. Instead of throwing passes to all those Utah defenders dressed in bright red, Max Hall might be able to distinguish his guys from the defenders.

Have I mentioned that OU sucks. Think about it. I expect that Cosmo will use some sort of vehicle to sideswipe that silly chuck-wagon.