Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Risk Takers

When you look at the votes between boy and girl you realize that we know a lot of "risk takers." The votes for a girl were almost double that of a boy. Smart money would have been to go with the boy but then miracles do happen. The girl that did the ultrasound said that she saw the gender early but didn't tell us her suspicions because she wasn't 100% sure and didn't want to make a mistake in our case :) During the ultrasound the baby did 2 complete flips (which should give you a clue) and never held still enough for her to get a good head reading. However, amid all the flips we were able to find out what we are having. I hope y'all invested more conservatively in the stock market than you did in our voting poll or else you don't have any money left now. Welcome to our basketball team...all 5 of them.
AAAAAHHHH...could life be anymore crazy :)
Tonia (aka Ishmael) looks like we are still on for the second coming. Wow...this is a lot of missions to worry about but at least technically we don't have any weddings to worry about. I pulled out all the baby clothes (0-12 months) that I was able to save from Texas. I saved everything that could be used again and it amounts to 1 newborn outfit, 2 three month outfits and 2 six month outfits. Even though I can't get too much at least I will be able to get new things which I haven't done since Hy and Josh plus I have a whole half year to to fill completely. A shopping I will go...a little something to look forward to since I won't be pink shopping. Stay away from white, that is my motto for my family.I guess I don't have anyone to share a bathroom with yet :) The only real variable in this is...is it possible that this little boy could look any different from the others??? Also name suggestions are being accepted as we have dismissed most boy names already...

20 comments:

Janine said...

Melissa, you are a champ! My Aunt had 5 boys followed by a girl, but I don't think you want to contemplate a 6th baby just now.... In the line of not betting against probability, I am imagining that this wee boy will look a lot like his big brothers! And as far as I am concerned, it is just one more awesome boy that Cora has permission to fall in love with some day.

Raspberry said...

Congratulations! I knew the odds were totally on the side of having a boy, but I was hoping. :)
Boy names....well, you seem to like BoM an Bible names.
Jeremiah? David? Benjamin? Caleb? Daniel? Ephraim? And of course, there's Elijah. :)Hope you're doing ok.....

Patti said...

You win and John loses. Sounds familiar. Congratulations! I guess that he will come out looking as good as his brothers! Now, you can shop w/o guilt because the boy will be naked most of the time if you don't. Again, congratulations! Names? Hmmmm. You've got nothing but time on your side to figure out a name...

The Thorley Family said...

woo hoo! I guessed right! I'm also guessing he'll look exactly like the other four :) We're getting girl vibes on ours so you can have our boy name... Elijah Prince. That actually sounds pretty good!

Tonia said...

So, you having any more after this one? ;)

Sara said...

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to make it to Utah this summer. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Sara said...

So crazy! On our side of the Snow family, there's only 1 boy grandchild and 6 girls! How did you get all the boy genes?!?

Hilary said...

I miss baby boy clothes, I think the girl stuff's cute but I honestly thing baby boy (aka, less than 6 months) boy is cuter. Then it heavily tips to the girl side. :)
The asians say 4 boys is good luck... can you IMAGINE what 5 boys are?

Zogg said...

I am happy you will have another handsome boy. Zoey and I felt pretty confident when we cast our vote. After all shouldn't John get what he asked for when only 7 or 8 years old? You are very lucky to have such good and sweet kids and another to add to the clan.

Corrine said...

Congratulations....though I sure was hoping that it would be a little gal that you could do nails with and curl her hair, on the bright side, you get your own bathroom and don't have to dill with the moods that little girls come with :)

as far as names...I think you should follow in Michael Jackson's footsteps and name him Prince, or after the artist, Just Prince :) What about Joseph, or Daniel, or Benjamin....or yeah not so good with names am I good thing its you not me. Heber, wasn't that a name for one? Jacob...Mark, Luke Since you have a Mathew and A John...YOu could name him Mark Luke :) ok I am tired and hungry...but congrats! I am happy for you I think it will be a lot of fun to have five boys. I always wanted six boys.

and maybe maybe you will get a brunet :)

MZP said...

yay!! i knew it! i'm so happy for you. i have to admit i really love having boys. just don't name him sam. we are naming our next boy (because we know we'll have all boys) sam. :)

Leah Prince said...

Congratulations on a baby boy!! I loved having 6 of them. Now I can start some sewing.

Eric said...

I guess your boys will be hearing a lot of "your poor mother". I got that a lot. The best though was when a member in Brasil said: "Your mother really put the priesthood on the earth" (sounds better in portuguese)

Adrienne said...

I come from a family of 5 girls! I am happy for you and know you'll do well--look how far you've come with 4 boys already!

katharine said...

congratulations! we have 7 girls in my family and only 1 boy. you never know what will happen. for some reason all i can think of lately is boy names, but

Andrea said...

Wow, everyone has so many kids in their families.

Anyway, I searched Hebrew names as it seems you have a penchant for them. Here are a few thoughts:
Ethan- Firm,strong
Isaac- He will laugh
Jared- Descendent (and the boys could be brothers of Jared)
Levi- Joined in Harmony
Saul- Borrowed
Zachary- God has Remembered

I love name meanings, especially because they were so important in ancient times.

EGP said...

Well, we all know that to be a real "risk taker" you need to eat dog-food. ;) Congratulations, looks like John is destined to be a scoutmaster for life.

JFP said...

Nice work getting another boy...

jet said...

I like the baby counter title "Torment." And now Seth will have someone to tease! :D

Charly said...

Congrats on another boy!!! I can't wait to see what you pick for the name after reading this post. =)