Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yesterday when I was picking up Math from school my neighbor and I met a woman who also had 4 boys!! I was so excited because that meant there was someone else at the school who had almost as many kids as me. I didn't think that was possible here. Anyway, afterwards I was talking to my neighbor and telling her how I thought that lady was crazy for having four kids 7 and under (her oldest was 7). I was like..."her house must be crazy and she must be so busy and why would you ever want to do that." Then my friend looked at me and said, "You had 4 boys who were 6 and under and now you are going to have 5 who are 9 and under." That is when it hit me that I am crazy :) It sounds so insane when you think about other people who have 5 kids. There are so many things in life like that. You look at other people and think how on earth can they do that or how can they handle that challenge and then you find yourself right in the middle of something very similar. It is that feeling when you think to yourself, "How did I get here? Wasn't I just in college like yesterday?" HA...funny...
Related to this topic, sort of...Boulder is crazy. If you saw the descriptions for the prenatal classes and how the hospitals work here you would think to yourself, "I am glad I live in a nice conservative place like Austin, TX." Life is relative...what if the poor Amish had to move to Salt Lake. They would probably think they landed in one of the most liberal towns in America. :)

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

Yes. You are totally crazy to have 5 kids.However, there's nothing wrong with being crazy.
And yes...I laughed through my entire prenatal class for Eli. Ryan was a little upset that I wasn't trying to get more out of it, but I couldn't help it. Everything was just so funny. :P

Patti said...

Well, I've been feeling like I was just in high school yesterday....since Quinn will go next year! I know I was just there! I'm just saying I'm right there with you. Only, you're feeling like you were just in college. Same feeling, different schools.