Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clash of the Titans...

So it is Thurs. I have been watching Ken Burn's PBS specials "National Parks America's Best Idea" this whole week. How could I not watch a documentary about the National Park System? After my goal to go to every state (I'm in the upper 30's) the next goal is to make it to every National Park (like everyone in my family ;). I am not doing as well with this goal but there are more of them. This has just made me want to do it more. It has been amazing! It is on every night this week from 8-10pm. The episodes are also online at pbs.org till next week.
However it is Thurs when the big match up comes Ace of Cakes vs. The Office. The only two TV shows I actually watch. I usually do Ace of Cakes and watch The Office online later. Now I have Ken Burns, Duff and Michael competing. Who will win?
Here's a fun interview with Ken Burns from Stephen Colbert (of course)...
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Ken Burns
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMichael Moore

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/250388/september-24-2009/ken-burns

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I missed it! Do you think they'll show it again on PBS??

Marisa said...

Just kidding. It's on now. Just like you said. (READ, Marisa!) :P

Sara said...

Yeah, what is it with our families and national parks? I mean, they're great, of course, but we LOVE them. Our dads probably like them 'cause they're free. :)

Tonia said...

What was the outcome? We recorded Ace of Cakes and the Office (ahhh, DVR at last) and watched the special. We did stay up too late and watched the office later.

Raspberry said...

Thanks for the info. We're not TV people so we didn't know. :)
I've been to every state except Alaska and Hawaii. WHICH would be fun.
Hope you're doing good....

Marci said...

We've become addicted to PBS and it scares me. i'm growing up way to fast (I'm pretty sure according to my tv preferences I'm an 80 year old british woman). But here's to an awesome PBS special.