Saturday, October 10, 2009

I think it is safe to say summer is over...

This was the scene that greeted us this morning. Needless to say that by 9:00am everyone was in boots, gloves and snowpants outside making snowballs. At the beginning of Oct we had John's brother's family (Dan, Melissa, George, Ben and Henry) come for a short visit. Before they got here I pulled out all the snow stuff to clear out a room for them to stay in. I thought "I know this is Boulder but it still still seems insane to pull out the boots on Oct 1." Well, it was less than 10 days later we needed them!

I am proud of John because he has finally accepted boots. Last year we all got really good boots. I got John a really good pair because I knew he would be walking to campus both here and at BYU through the snow for many years. Would he wear them? No...apparently tennis shoe are SO MUCH better and it was too big of a hassle to carry them in his bag to school so he just wore his tennis shoes all through the winter last year. His feet were wet all day long and completely frozen when he got home but he still wouldn't concede. Today he got ready for work and put on his boots to leave with a small hint of how silly he had been last year especially considering how comfortable his boots actually are ;) Growing up is hard to do....

2 comments:

katharine said...

did you wake up in the morning and say "we're not in texas anymore, toto!"

we did drop from 100 down to 60 overnight, but will soon see mid-80s again

Heather said...

I am so jealous. I ahve my windows open and I am loving our 57 temp right now. I think most Texans think I'm crazy. It's bliss.