Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bad Combination

So what really upsets OBGYN doctors? Losing weight when you are 36 weeks pregnant. I have never had a huge weight gain, usually between 15-20 lbs but I have never lost weight past 30 weeks so this is a first even for me. (I would like to note that I haven't been a big weight loser either so it evens out) However, I had been really sick and in tons of pain. I don't feel like eating! I also pointed out that I wasn't super thin in begin with...I had a little extra weight to play with. The doctor said I wasn't big enough to justify not gaining 20 lbs and gave me strict instructions not to lose weight.

Hmmm...Food, Inc was just released on video and I have been waiting for it. It was really good. For people who aren't super concerned about the organic movement you can just ignore the rhetoric and it is still good because the major focus of the film is on politics, regulation of the industry, and monopolies. Obviously, there is going to be a slant towards sustainability, organics, etc which I am in support of when done in a rational manner but I really found the politics of the food industry shocking. SHOCKING! For me the best parts are the interviews with the one actual free range farmer and the head of Stonyfield. It was refreshing to see a crazy hippie (head of Stonyfield) acting rationally and actually benefiting the population.

Anyway, guess how much I feel like eating now...that's right...zero. I have mostly only been able to get down Propel. I am nauseated, in pain, too tired to fix food and now I am so annoyed I don't want to eat any of it anyway :) Don't worry, I am still eating (I live in Boulder so everything is organic anyway) but I am thinking my appointment next week isn't going to go very well...

I posted the trailer if you are interested...

3 comments:

katharine said...

you lost weight right at halloween? you really must not be feeling well. i gained 4 lbs that week! hope you get your appetite back soon.

Hilary said...

Why the pain?
Screw your doctors. As long as the baby's growing you're fine. :)

Tonia said...

Hang in there! Not too much longer!