Friday, January 15, 2010

House...

,




For Christmas John and I bought a house :) Since BYU hired John almost 3 years ago we have known we were going back to Provo and have been looking for awhile. It is very handy to have your parent's living there and an uncle who is an excellent agent. We have looked and looked. Since the drop in the market and interest rates we have been looking for places close to BYU because it won't be long before we can't afford anything in Provo. We were greatly blessed to find this place. For those familiar with Provo it is on Dover Ln. Dover is up Timpview drive and a short left on Foothills. The house is 3 miles from BYU and is in a great neighborhood. Driving, it is a mile away from my parents but if you cut through my parent's next door neighbors yard (which we do all the time anyway) it is about a 5 minute walk. We sacrificed updating for location and yard. The house is not updated, my student housing apartment here is more updated but the location and the yard cannot be beat!! What's purple carpeting and purple sinks when you can have an big, amazing yard? Plus, it has everything...master bath, walk in closet, pantry, storage room, 2 car garage, laundry room, 2 fireplaces, two playrooms, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a craft room and of course, room for a basketball hoop! My favorite is the yellow marbled counter tops :) The house won't close until the end of March or beginning of April. The family wants to stay in the house till then and that is great for us. Everything is done now. All we have to do is wait and hope something crazy doesn't go wrong.

17 comments:

MZP said...

congratulations!!! i'm sure you can accessorize with yellow countertops for a while :) sounds like it'll be a fun house!! i guess it has a basement?

Sara said...

Congratulations!
Who needs an updated house, anyway? Renovating the house could be a fun project the whole family can work on as you grow into it!

I can't believe it has FIVE bedrooms, plus all that other stuff! Big house!!!

Raspberry said...

Oh, I'm a big fan of 'fixer uppers'. That way I get to do it my way. :) Funny - when I first saw the title, I thought you'd posted about the TV show House... :)

Reianna Cambridge said...

Congrats! For those of us still living in student housing any house sounds wonderful! Good luck with the move!

merathon said...

looks great and sounds HUGE! TWO playrooms? what the? you can never change the location or the yard size, so i think you made a fabulous choice. you can take your time making your own updates as time and money allows-- that's what we've been doing here and have not regretted our choice to choose the house with the best yard and location!

seriously, though-- how many stockings are on that mantle?

Melinda said...

Sounds great!!! Can't wait to see the future changes y'all make!!

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys are moving back to Utah.

If you need any help updating, let me know. I love that kind of stuff. And you know what they say, buy for the square footage and location and update later. You can change the update a hecka hecka lot easier than you can add land and square footage.

Melissa said...

Andrea, it would be great to have your suggestions and ideas!! Did I hear a rumor that Marie and Andy are moving back? We'll have to have a big party. Maybe we can convince Becky to fly in ;)

Janine said...

We are totally staying with you next time we come to Provo! I hope my parents don't mind...

Congratulations on everything, and send us more pictures when you get them. It sounds like a wonderful home.

Hilary said...

SO JEALOUS, that house looks great! Congrats!

Charly said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!

Tonia said...

Congrats guys. I am jealous of the yard. Now we can visit ya'll when we are in Utah. Yeah!

McCulloch Moments said...

Hooray! Congratulations!! That house looks amazing and has great bones! I'm really happy for you guys :)

katharine said...

woohoo! that's exciting news :) bet you're ready to spread out. are you finished in denver this spring?

Flying Princess said...

Congratulations! You are going to LOVE making the house your own as you erase the ugly past.

Marci said...

that is a very exciting christmas present!! it kind of makes my blender not seem so exciting anymore...

Jacki said...

Wow and I thought Brooks and I had a great Christmas by buying a bed. You TOTALLY WIN!! I am so jealous. Updates can happen slowly, but a big yard can't. I love it all! Congrats! And yes, we will have to visit now :)