Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Blessing, A Birthday and a crazy time...

Today is John's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best husband!!) and it was also Sam's blessing. Life has been pretty crazy since we found out John would be starting March 1st at BYU instead of June 1st. We have been busy trying to get everything planned and done. We have less than 2 weeks left here in Colorado and this weekend might have been the busiest yet. On Sat we cleaned the church for the final time with our favorites the Fairbanks...



Even Math and Seth like to help...

But it isn't a surprise that the Prince & Fairbanks boys all ended up wrestling in the gym!

We also had pizza and chocolate milk for John's Birthday on Saturday. We are trying to get in all the fun we can playing with our favorites before we leave.

Liesel and Cameron. Liesel is well known to be "SO CUTE" in our house and Cameron is Seth's favorite friend.


This is Hank Fairbanks...also so cute...

Josh's best friends Phillip and Luna...

This Sunday has been crazy. John and I both had to teach today and we had Sam's blessing. John had invited a lot of people from his lab so he was nervous but it was a happy and special time. Sam is probably the baby we prayed the most about. When I found out I was pregnant my other friend Emily was just about to have a boy. In a funny twist they were also going to name their boy Samuel Arthur and we joked about it all spring till she had her baby. I also had many other friends pregnant to commiserate with and it was a real blessing throughout my pregnancy :) It was not easy and there was no way I was going to have more than 4 children without some serious (I mean SERIOUS) spiritual prompting. I wasn't going to take one or two answers to prayer...it took more like 30-40 but by the end of so much prayer we were sure and reassured. We knew that we were finally going to get our Sam and I am so happy today that we made it and have the sweetest little man!! John did a great job and we were so happy to have our ward family with us as it was the first time ever we didn't have family at a baby blessing. We live in an amazing ward! We ended John's birthday with some pumpkin bars (of course)...and now I am going to watch Emma ;)

Josh finally experiencing the spit up trauma he always put us through!


Sam is finally smiling and laughing a little now...

8 comments:

Raspberry said...

So sad to see you guys go...hopefully we'll end up there someday too. :)

Charly said...

Your family is adorable!

Tonia said...

I love the spit up picture. I wish I were at the blessing the baby part and not the 'sick, tired, grumpy, my husband wondering where his wife went part'. Such a long way to go! Good luck with the move and the new little one. We are excited you are moving to Utah!

Leah Prince said...

Its been a wonderful, challenging, amazing time since you left us here and now you head for Provo. Hurray! You made it!! Good thing you are close enough to still see some Boulder friends from time to time. You must come here from time to time too!!!

Brian said...

Happy birthday, hermano.

Marisa said...

Love the picture of Josh!!
And as if you didn't know, Seth is Cam's favorite friend too. He's always talking about "Sef!"
& Happy Birthday to John! We share a birthday! I didn't know that!

Tyson said...

Seth, you can come help clean our church anytime!

Janine said...

I can't believe how fast everything is happening. Sam is looking so big! Good luck with your move. I am sure you are looking forward to arriving at a home you own, with no plans for "the next stop"