Sunday, May 2, 2010

I have been really sick (103+ degree fever for 3 days - it was the flu) so I was down for a long time (it was really, really bad). Fortunately it was over the weekend for John and no one else got it, unfortunately for John I was no help for literally 2 days. I couldn't even sit up for 2 days...anyway, once I got up though, things started rolling. It took till Thurs before I even left the house but by Friday I was okay.

Mustang Sammy turned 5 months....

The child will not even sit in his swing anymore. He is trying to take on the world already!!


On Friday I got a special treat. My friend Melinda from Austin was up for Women's Conf and we got to spend some time together. This is us in John's office on campus.

We had to get the Y in the background :)
Sat it was snowing so we had to do inside work. This was the color of the master bedroom before...yes, the color was completely insane! In between pink and peach. We have witnesses to how crazy the colors in this house are!!! I don't pretend to think that everyone would choose the colors I chose but at least they are sort of neutral.
After...


After it stopped snowing Sat evening, John planted the Japanese Maple (this was FULL of ivy that we ripped out a few weeks ago and we now know that ivy is a predator and not a plant!!)

Our gnome "Colt" has finally joined the family home! We haven't decided on a name for our house but John wants Pemberley so we are thinking right now Pemberley Summit to take in our family mission statement also :)


6 comments:

Melissa said...

PS Only really good husbands want Pemberley for a name but John says he has to be Colin Firth and not the new sissy Darcy ;)

Leah Prince said...

Send more pics of the house. I only saw the outside!! Your bedroom is beautiful! How did Mustang Sammy get his title? He is looking a lot like Josh for now. More pics of the kids too!

Jaz said...

I'm so sorry you were sick and glad you are feeling better! I agree, only good husbands would want a house named Pemberley. And only excellent husbands would know enough to have an opinion on the Darcies!

Melinda said...

I'm thrilled we were able to meet up!!!! Also super proud of John's lab!!! :) Congratulations again for all the hard work! Love you and baby Sammy!

Tonia said...

Colt and Pemberley. I knew we were kindred spirits. And I agree with John about Colin Firth. Good taste man.

Charly said...

I LOVE THE GNOME!!!