Thursday, July 8, 2010

So I finally went to the store today and guess what I forgot to get...ONIONS!!!

Ironic...I'll grab some tonight...

Anyway, suggestions needed from all you wonderful Harry Potter fans.

Do I start my reading of the Harry Potter books again soon? I really want to start as soon as I finish my yearly Jane Austen fest and have a few more of her books to go (sigh...it is heavenly). I like reading the books closer to the movie so I am all Harry Potterified and all the Harry Potter desserts we make leading up the movies taste better when you have just read the books...however I also like reading them a little further from the movie so I am not constantly comparing them. What to do? Also, this year I have to share with Josh and Hyrum so our book schedules need to be planned :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sigh...Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen. I have like 4 copies of it and I read it at least once a year. I think it is the love letter that gets me. I mean seriously..."you pierce my soul"...Does it get any better than that?

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaz said...

Love Jane Austen.

And I'm having the same dilemma! I think I'm going to wait. I want the world fresh in my mind for the movie more than I'm worried about comparing too much. I'm hopeful that by separating it into two movies it will follow the book fairly well.

Melissa said...

Jaz...I've been thinking about it and I think I want to wait too. This year I am going to try and find some candy frog molds to make chocolate frogs along with the other treats! PS have you moved yet/sold the house?
Andrea...persuasion is so amazing. It is always a toss up between Persuasion and P&P,then Emma then S&S and then Mansfield Park. Northanger Abbey is okay and Lady Susan...usually no :) The older I get the more I love Persuasion...

Jaz said...

How fun!! Chocolate frogs! That is so much fun.

Our house closes in 2 weeks. Yay! Now trying to figure out where exactly we're moving TO ...

Your Austen book order is the same as mine, except Persuasion is firmly at the top. As much as I love, love P&P, I love, love, love Persuasion.