I put my substitutions in the comments ;)
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well. Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Frosting: Cook butter, milk, and brown sugar until dissolved. Cool and add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over warm cookies.