Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The CCC syndrome

What's my favorite food?
Anything I didn't have to make...

Years of morning sickness/pregnancy have brought on that conclusion. Before I had favorite foods but now even my favorite foods aren't my favorite unless I didn't make them. I call it the CCC (chocolate chip cookie) syndrome because it is manifested the most with chocolate chip cookies.
I used to love to make chocolate chip cookies, mmmmm....so tasty. Warm, crisp and soft, milk....comfort. Now, however, I don't like them unless some one else made them. I had to make a batch for a ward fireside and everyone said they were delicious but they didn't taste good to me. I almost didn't bring them so I was happy when they all got eaten up but I was unhappy because I really want to like chocolate chip cookies again and not have to wait for the random chance someone will bring them to me.
Anyone with an incredible recipe that doesn't require insane ingredients? Something that can stand the test of time, the test of over eating, the test of pregnancy (not pregnant)??

8 comments:

Janine said...

I am confused. I want the recipe, and am wondering if this is a pregnancy announcement. Enlighten me! (recipe & yes/no)

Melissa said...

Not pregnant...you are suppose to give me a recipe :)

Jaz said...

I love my chocolate chip cookie recipe, and my brother's still clamor for it. I'll email it to you.

Tonia said...

If we lived closer then I would bring you chocolate chip cookies. The best recipe I have found to withstand pregnancies (having the same problem) is the Nestle Toll House recipe. I have like others for a time but that one is always my standby.

Steve said...

This is our favorite recipe.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html

We just use one type of flour instead of 2 and regular chocolate chips. It makes the best cookies. The big key is to let the dough rest overnight.

MZP said...

this is the one that all my friends agree is the best. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever





¾ c. granulated sugar

¾ c. packed brown sugar

1 c. margarine or butter softened (margarine works best)

1 egg

2 ¼ c. flour ( all purpose)

1 tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. salt

1 pkg. Chocolate chips



mix in order, bake at 375, 8-10 minutes.

From: Karen Andersen

guess you'll have to find out...

Charly said...

Is this a pregnancy announcement??? I will look up my A-MA-ZING ccc recipes and send them to you!

Adrienne said...

This is the one--at least it's the winner for me!
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 sticks cold and cubed unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
2. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks. Don’t overmix the dough.
3. Transfer dough to clean work surface and gently mix dough by hand to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
4. Place each on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven 10-12 minutes.