Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FAQ

Here are some questions I have been asked a lot recently along with answers...
This is the order in which they usually occur...

1. Why would people be asking me if I am pregnant? (this is my own question I keep asking myself...)
The sad answer to this question is I am already letting the top button of my pants go...they are already too tight. The maternity clothes are out and in the closet. I have a lot less than I thought because I had borrowed most of them last time from a friend in Boulder but as long as I don't go more than one day without doing wash I should be fine. I can't wear any fitted shirts and the ribs are already expanding. I am going to assume that this is because I already have so many kids and not because I was already too heavy starting this pregnancy.

2. Are you pregnant?
The answer to this question is yes. This morning I went to my first doctor's visit and everything seems good so I was going to post but I logged on and saw my sister-in-law's announcement that she was pregnant so I thought I would wait and not steal her day. I figure almost everyone will be reading this tomorrow :)

3. Do you think it is a girl?
Maybe...that is right, I said maybe...I wavered a little when I was first pregnant with Math but after a few weeks I always thought he was a boy. The others I believed 100% they were boys. This time I am not 100% sure it is a boy. John thinks it is a boy but he also thinks it is twins because the day I told him I was pregnant he got a double yolk in his egg. I am so unsure I couldn't even disagree with him...I am sure it wasn't just a coincidence ;)

4. Do you want it to be a girl?
Um......almost. I am a little terrified.

5. Is this your last?
I wish I could tell you that I have that "for sure this is the last" feeling that everyone always says they have. Why does everyone say that? How do you know? I am hoping for that feeling to come soon so I can just say "I KNEW I was done." If you didn't have that overwhelming feeling that you were done but still decided that it was the best choice to be done PLEASE comment and tell me don't have to wait for that feeling...

6. Do you have names?
Probably. The girl name has been picked for a decade and the boy name is going good but will require a little more thought/debate so we'll wait till we know we need it :)

7. When are you due?
October (as if the Prince family doesn't have enough Oct birthdays-sorry, what will this make...like 8?)

8. How do you feel?
I have actually felt better than normal. This may also be why I am unsure about a girl. I don't even want to die yet and the only reason I can think of a change is that maybe it isn't a boy.

9. Why are you so crazy? (okay, that is my own question too)
I blame my husband entirely!! First, he is very good at not thinking about or worrying about the future. Second, he has a talent for making sure I get pregnant. Third, he is an excellent father. I would have stopped having children long ago if not for him...

Any more questions? You can contact me in the comment section of this blog during non-normal business hours which is the only time I usually have time to use the computer :)

PS For those of you who like to have babies at the same time as me you have been warned, for those of you who like to have babies right after me, you have been forewarned ;)

23 comments:

Roosterruler said...

Congrats on the baby!
Such exciting news!
:D

Sara said...

Wow! Congratulations! I HOPE it is a girl -- mostly because I'm curious about what a girl in your family would look like. Probably like the boys, I guess, huh?

Also, I always wondered about Question 5. I always hear women say they KNOW when they are done. I just don't understand it. And I guess I won't for a while . . . :)

Flying Princess said...

I like #9. Some talents are more productive (or reproductive) than others.

Yay for you!

Jaz said...

CONGRATS!!

It took a long while to feel okay about not having any more babies. I didn't "know" I was done until my youngest was old enough for me to start thinking about having another one, and even then it took a lot of prayer and soul searching to feel good about the decision.

Charly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! So exciting!!

Zogg said...

This will be exciting..what an adventure..I know it is my last since I'd have to get a different van if I have more than this:)
Congrats again.-Sarabeth

Reianna Cambridge said...

Wonderful news! You have such a great family that adding one more can only increase your great-ness.

Tonia said...

I was wondering about this!!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope this pregnancy treats you better than the previous ones!

My brother-in-law (who has seven kids) gets asked A LOT if they are done. He got so tired of it one day that he told a mom in the supermarket that they would quit when they had one as ugly as hers. Poor woman...... I guess she was pretty rude about it though.

Melinda said...

Hooray!!! What wonderful news!! Glad you are feeling well!

mkt said...

I think you are utterly, certifiably crazy... but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to see what a Prince girl looks like :)

Raspberry said...

Congratulations.
I don't think you need to know you're done. In my case, I'd like 3, but two may be enough. Nothing's really set in stone. And then of course, I feel like a pansy, because you're on #6... :)
Here's to hoping it's a girl.

katharine said...

congratulations! i'm glad you haven't been so sick this time. for what its worth, i am voting for twin girls (i know you could use the company) :)

Melissa said...

@Sara...I think our girls would look like Sadie and Madison who look like you and me ;)

@Jahnelle...I sense lots of emails going your way over the next year cause you are the bestest...

@Sarabeth...what? you can't give up now that you are on a roll. Someone has to pull out the big guns and make it to at least 7. If it isn't you then I guess maybe Melissa if she wants to and we don't know who Dallan will marry yet, she might want 7 or 8. I see Paula as more of a 4-5er. I would have to buy another car also if I go past this. I can't even afford a second small car let alone a second giant car. That should be my deciding factor :)

@Tonia...are you going to be joining me?

Stephanie said...

Congrats! Being pregnant doesn't sound too bad since I'm on the other side of that with a newborn who wakes me up every 3-4 hours at night... ;) Good luck!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! I thought you might be based on your comments the other night, but I hadn't heard an announcement, so I didn't want to assume :) Maybe Stella will get another little girl cousin.

Editt said...

Congratulations! There can't be too many princes in the world :)
I'm with you on when do you KNOW your done. Let me know if you figure it out :)

Hilary said...

CONGRATS you guys!

Anne said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, I never thought you'd pass us up!! :) So excited for another Snow/Prince cousin!! A girl Snow/Prince cousin would be the best! She could be the Snow Princess!!!

So your comment about Sara's news got me thinking, but I've been super busy cleaning the house for Dan & Melissa to come...no chance for "free-time" till now! They are watching some crazy movie.

Hope all goes well!! :)

KRIS said...

Congratulations Melissa! Seems to me you were asking the "How do I know I'm done?" question shortly after I met you in Texas (was that after baby #3?)! I remember how miserable you were and am so happy that it's going better so far this time. Now that I have personally experienced that misery, I need to know how you pushed yourself to do it that many times, or else I'm going to have a small family...
--Kristen B.

merathon said...

i think everybody feels it in a different way, just like people feel the spirit in different ways. don't feel like you have to get a lightning bolt answer. everyone has a different capacity-- for me it is THREE! when you make the decision, you'll know if it's right or wrong by how it makes you feel!

and one more thing-- i think sometimes people mistake the feeling of sadness that happens when your baby starts growing up as an indication that you're supposed to have another baby. i really believe that whether you stop at three kids or thirty, there will be a part of you that will be sad when your last child is not a baby anymore because you are sad that that stage of your life is over. i was also sad when the "college stage" of my life was over and when the "married with no kids" stage of my life was over-- we have to say goodbye eventually to some fun parts of our lives, but the great thing is that you know there are more amazing stages to come! i know this sounds crazy, but i'm really looking forward to having TEENAGERS!

(sorry about the rambling...)

Marci said...

congrats!!! this makes my sunday afternoon so happy. I hope all goes really well!

Janine said...

I must say, I am so happy that you are not as sick with this pregnancy. It is wild to think about adding another one. If it is a girl she will just be awesome like Paula, and beat the boys at basketball while they wonder whether or not they are worthy of asking her out.

Heather said...

So I'm a little slow but, Congratulations!