Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rex E Lee Run

It was the Rex E Lee Run - Run for a Cure today. Dallan and John both ran the 10K in excellent time. I don't know the exact times but I know they were both well under 50 minutes. This was John's first race barefoot (it wasn't on a track, it was all through Provo) and Dallan's first race in a decade. It was about 40 degrees when they started and about 41 degrees when they finished.

John coming in for the final lap...

Dallan running in for the finish line...


UPDATE: John placed 2nd in his age division and about 75th overall (with corrected time). Dallan place 15th in his age division and about 86th overall.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow -- those mountains in the background are B-E-A-Utiful!

Also, take a post a picture of John's bare feet!

Leah Prince said...

Yes, I would like to see John's feet too! I read a biography about Pres. Lee a few years ago when I was chaperoning a stake dance. I was able to get into the meetinghouse library and found the book. He was an amazing person.

Leah Prince said...

Oh, yes, John and Dallan had great times. Especially when compared to my walking.