Monday, June 20, 2011

Overheard...

When asked which kiddo is most like me I often say Seth. Most people seem surprised but I think that is because he is still little (only 4) but we mesh perfectly and understand each other really well. Ironically, Seth is often the hardest for John to deal with because Seth demands a certain level of respect that is far above his age and John doesn't agree he should have it :)

If there was any doubt, the countless quotes I put up from him over and over should at least give a hint that we are alike because I am pretty sure I said (and still say) lots of things like this....

At FHE tonight when talking about repentance...
Seth - I don't really need to listen because me and Math don't have to repent, right mom...?
Me - ummmm...Seth, it is true you aren't 8 yet but as a good person you should still want to repent.
Seth - But I don't really have to, do I! (big, huge smirk...) also note, it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

Sometimes it might be better if he didn't listen so well in Primary...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hilarious. ;)

Tonia said...

LOVE the logic. Reminds me of our second child Audrey. She says funny things. Not quite the same line but yesterday I called Sadie a punk and she asked what that was. I told her it was like a punk rocker (I was distracted). She looked puzzled and then said, 'you mean like a puncture in a rock?'