Friday, August 19, 2011

Best Games...

Sammer and I have enjoyed two new activities the last little while. Keep in mind, I am still technically a boy mom :)
The first game involves a bowl of magnetic letters. Sammer picks them up and then says the name of the letter while throwing it at a wall. I sit by the wall, help him occasionally when he forgets the letter name and then toss the letters back to him so it can keep going. He is at about 90% accuracy with the letters and about 60% accuracy with the wall.
The second is even more fun. I sit on a chair about 12 feet from the door. Sam runs out the door. Then he runs back in and I shoot him as he comes through the door with a nerf gun. Sammer stops to laugh for about 10 seconds then he picks up the bullet, brings it to me and runs back out the door and the process begins again. Best game ever...

4 comments:

katharine said...

you are so smart, i need some games where i can sit down!

Melissa said...

yea, that is what inspired them ;) We need some games we can do while nursing now ;)

Editt said...

Ah! I love them! Sadly I think the nerf gun would be immediately taken from me and I would become the target. :)

Melissa said...

It does seem like a game that will only work with a 1 year old :)