Friday, October 7, 2011

Baked...

Well, I am finally officially "baked" although I still have a little while to go till 40 weeks so a small run down of life...

I don't really expect the baby early but if she makes it to 40 weeks we have a small problem because John is leaving to go out of town at the end of week 40. My doctor said she'd induce me in time (a few days after my due date) to make sure he has at least 4 days before he leaves in case I have complications and I have to stay in the hospital that long. Not ideal because the first few days home can be tiring especially with John gone. A similar thing happened after Sam was born and I survived although John felt bad when he got back because he had literally missed half of Sam's life :)

Out of options...I tried to save things till the end so I'd have something to do. I didn't want to finish my wordsearch book before the baby got here but it is done. I finished reading Sense and Sensibility, Emma and Pride and Prejudice and watched the corresponding movies. I thought that would last a week or two longer so now I have nothing...maybe a Bourne movie party but that will only last 3 days. Any suggestions? I am too tired/grumpy to put up with anything that isn't really entertaining :)

Baby has some timing issues to work around...So, even though she could come anytime, if she wants to come now we don't really have too many openings in our schedule for her arrival :) Tomorrow or Sunday would work along with next Thurs afternoon. The next two Tuesdays after that will work and any Sunday and Sat afternoon but that is about all we have open till my due date. It is a busy time. Homecoming, presentations for BYU, National Chemistry Week and grant proposal deadlines means that John will be gone many, many nights over the next 2-3 weeks. If she wants to come in the middle of the night we have a block of time from about 9:00pm to 6:00am every night that should be long enough :) Of course, if labor goes slow then I can just sit at the hospital myself for awhile till John finishes. That is what I did with Sam. I was there for about 4 hours myself and it was pleasant. I get to be home tonight myself...like almost every other night this past week. I am thinking hot chocolate... :) It is snowing so I think it is appropriate.

I am staying away from gymboree. It wasn't that bad before because their boy stuff is super cute but nothing that special. But now...some of their girl items just make a person tear up they are so darling. I already used my gym bucks. I'll wait for the next big clearance but if it comes in the next 2 weeks I need to budget :) I am learning to try and like animal prints also...

John, apparently, has a nickname from his students. The beauty of having siblings at BYU is they know people in John's classes and they give reports from his students. His students call him "Prince John" and he reigns down too much homework but they like him still :)

Things looked a little fishy so we had to do some extra tests and ultrasound. Everything turned out fine but we do know that it is a GIRL for sure (again) and according the ultrasound tech she has a lot of hair. She may end up without too much hair but I packed the hospital bag accordingly just in case. An assortment of knit hats and flower clips to fit whatever I like that day :)

Football has been sad but it has provided a lot of conversation and entertainment!! I haven't been able to go to any games because John has had to work through all of them but watching them has still been stressful. That is what I need right now, distractions...

My current status at my last appointment. Baby at +1 station (yeah, it hurts), dilated to 4cm and pretty much effaced....so I probably have forever long to go :) Hopefully the next time I post it will be with baby pictures. Happy Autumn!! I hope you get some beautiful weather like what we are having here!!

9 comments:

Charly said...

Good luck!!!

Zogg said...

Melissa.. you could really have the baby any day. I hope she will come sooner than later. I was so relieved when my water broke. The last few weeks are sooo hard.

Hilary said...

Yikes. A 4 and +1, that must be fun..... hang in there!

Melinda said...

Here's hoping she's obedient and comes when you want her to... ;)

Janine said...

I hope you get lucky and the baby comes early. I can't imagine having John have to leave quickly after the arrival of the wee girl!

Editt said...

Wow! Good luck. I know you like Jane Austen...have you read any Georgette Heyer books? She doesn't have the depth of Austen but definitely is historically accurate for the regency time period. That may be entertaining. Um....Thats all I got. Right now all that appeals to me is sleep so thats all I got.

ajoachim said...

I feel like I'm blog stalking you because I'm hoping each time I check you will have that little girl. I'm so excited for you. And I know ALL about the Gymboree thing too! I've had to just stop going and let grandma do the Gymboree thing! :)

Raspberry said...

Glad things are going well! Hope she comes alright with no complications.
Hmm. Ideas...TV show marathons? We like Mentalist and Castle and Monk...ooo - the Elizabeth Gaskell collection is fabulous and even b etter than Austen's stuff. The movies are incredible.

Melissa said...

I have already made my yearly journey through Gaskell (with the movies of course) but I haven't ever read any Georgette Heyer. That sounds interesting! I just saw that there is an movie series based on the Emily books from Montgomery so I might try that because I also read those and the Pat books recently...I hope I make it ;)