Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stardate: [-28] 05690.00

Our little Elizabeth Pauline arrived!! I am a little slow with pictures but I literally have not sat down at the computer since she came!! I've checked email occasionally but that is all. It is busy :)
For the last 7 weeks, every visit to the doctor has been stressful. Basically from day 1 it has been nothing but drama and it didn't end until she came! Discussions every week about what to do with little Beth. Ultrasounds and non-stress tests, worry, decisions. At 38 weeks I passed the non-stress test and we decided that we'd keep her one more week but the doctor said she had to come out 39 weeks. She even postponed her vacation a few hours to come deliver her. (I have a great doctor!!) The drama didn't end there, delivery was.....eventful but it all worked out. She eventually came out. A beautiful 7 lbs and 18 1/2 inches long. Her hair is brown!! I know...I can't believe it. Her eyelashes and eye brows are blonde so we'll see if it lasts.

She has been an okay sleeper and a really good nurser. It is clear that I am not in my 20's anymore. So tired....Even my doctor commented on the fact that the whole pregnancy it seems like my body hasn't been working very efficiently ;)

Sam calls her Baby Bep. Math calls her Lizard and sometimes we call Eliza just to try on a few different names. She is now almost a week old and absolutely as cute as can be!!




14 comments:

merathon said...

are you just eating up the fact that you have a GIRL now? can't wait to see those boys look out for her.

and what is the "stardate" thing?

Stephanie said...

Congrats Melissa and John! I love flowers in girl's hair - and you even caught a smile. I am glad you are both healthy and home!

mkt said...

Wow... I love the brown hair... but that face is as Prince as Prince can be - I think she'll blend right in :)

Jet said...

A little "different" seeing a brown-haired baby dressed in pink on your blog, but she is so cute! Hope Matthew hasn't started rough-housing her like he told me he would. ;)

Melissa said...

Stardates are from Star Trek :) That is her birthday :) The brown hair was a shock but she does look a lot like the boys!

Raspberry said...

Congratulations! I love the nickname Bep! SO CUTE! And all those big brothers to look out for her.
Yeah...I can't believe how much more wiped I felt after #2, so I'm pretty sure you're feeling like roadkill right now. (I'm sure you don't look it, of course. :)
Best of luck with these first few weeks!

katharine said...

beautiful baby! i love that smile you captured. its so darn hard to catch those newborn smiles. that is such a prince face, but so different with the dark hair. she's definitely proclaiming her individuality :) i hope you get some rest, do you need anything?

Reianna Cambridge said...

She is so pretty in pink! I am so happy that the pregnancy is all over and you guys can move on with your new little girl. Oh how fun to have a girl! Snuggle her as long as you can...it goes so fast don't you think?

Janine said...

So adorable! I am so glad you have your girl safe and sound. I hope you bounce back soon.

Jaz said...

So so so cute! I love it. I'm so glad you are both safe and sound.

Heather said...

Congratulations. She's lovely.

Stephanie said...

I think she looks like Hyrum in the last picture. You were with Dr Grover, right? She's awesome!

Anne said...

She is completely adorable!!!!!!! :) I love her name too! :) Tell the family hi for us and give eveyone BIG HUGS from Louisiana!! :)

Corrine said...

she is darling! i have a little something for her and would love to figure out a time I can come and stop by, m or w morning timmy's at school. She is precious. Congratulations!!