Sunday, July 1, 2012

Halfies...

Navigating mortality, marriage and family always requires communication :) As some of the major life decisions are back in the discussion at our house we had the opportunity to review our lives...We just realized that we are in a sweet spot...John and I have known each other for literally half our lives. It won't be long till we cross over and have actually known each other longer than not. The best part isn't just that we have known each other that long but we have been good friends and in constant contact since the day we met. At BYU we saw each other basically on a daily basis all the years we were there (even the years when we were not dating). When separated by missions we averaged writing each other between monthly and every other month. It is sort of a crazy thing!! I have known my good friend Amy for longer but I think that is about it...all my other good friends I met about the same time as John (except maybe Hilary, she's a little earlier and this doesn't count many of my cousins who truly are some of my best friends :) I mention it just because in the next little while many of you are about to hit this milestone of having your spouse your best friend/archenemy for over half your life. Figure it out and throw yourself a party...it is an amazing feat!! (Sarabeth, Amy, Katherine, Leah and mom...and maybe Patti & Anne...you'll have to throw yourself a retroactive party) I think it calls for a gourmet cupcake!!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Cool! Congratulations! You and John are two of the best people I think I have ever met. And you're two of the best parents I know, too! Really. :)

merathon said...

major life decisions, huh? what's next... another baby? :)

merathon said...

oh, and patrick and i met when i was 22, so i still have 7 years to go!

Melissa said...

Unfortunately that always seems to be a question for us Mer :) but there are plenty of others like what debt to pay off, do we need another car, how to keep from losing our minds, etc :)

Stephanie said...

That is a fun thing to think about...just 3 more years for me, but since Steve is a few years older he has 5 until half way.

Hilary said...

Ahhhh! We are old. I was just thinking that wouldn't happen til I was 36.... and then it hit me.
Ble,h.:)

Anne said...

So I have a two more years until we are "halfies." But we celebrate our 20th anniversary in 8 more days! :)

ajoachim said...

Pretty crazy! Not too far off is being a "Joachim" longer than a "Thompson". Yikes!