Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Snowbird

Provo will always be my favorite canyon but I don't think there is a more majestic place than Little Cottonwood Canyon. A few pictures from our trip to Snowbird...I only wish I could do the place more justice with my camera (but...in my defense these pictures didn't post as well as they are in real life...still, I need work :)

At Cecret Lake...Hy is the one who fell in this year. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but the water is so clear. While we were there it started raining lightly and it was absolutely magical. It was like the lake was twinkling!! One of my favorite parts of the whole trip...

 On the hike to and from Cecret Lake...


This is the hike from the bottom of Cerect Lake down to Snowbird...absolutely AMAZING!!




Riding up the Peruvian chair lift all the way to the top of the mountain. At the top you can hike through a tunnel and leave the Salt Lake Valley side and hike into the Utah Valley side...

View from the lift...you can see Kennecott through the valley...


The mountain in the distance is the back side of Timp...

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Looks like fun! The pictures look great!

Marisa said...

beautiful!!! I hope we get to move back to Utah!