Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Cheer from the Prince House

Here is just a little post to give you a smile (or a good, hard laugh)...

Tonight John ate the potpourri that our neighbor dropped off for Christmas. It was fresh potpourri so he started with the orange and then tried to move onto the fresh hard berries. I didn’t catch him until after the damage was done. When I walked into the kitchen I asked him if he was eating the potpourri. Then he said, “Is that what this is? How was I suppose to know? That explains why it was not good.” I mentioned there was a descriptive tag on the package with instructions on how to use it. I pointed out that since HE opened the package he would had to have handled the tag to get it open.....
Me - “Did you read the tag?” John - “I looked at it but no one could have figured out it was potpourri from the tag.” The tag is titled (in bold lettering) “STOVE TOP POTPOURRI”!!!!! Well, at least he didn’t get to the cinnamon sticks yet. At the end of this conversation he asks, “What is potpourri anyway?”

8 comments:

merathon said...

i thought i must have misread it at first... no, she didn't say JOHN ate the potpourri... it must have been one of the boys! wait, yep, she said JOHN!

Sara said...

Hahahaha! Nice. :)

Charly said...

HEHEHEHE!

Brittany said...

That's hilarious! I can see Joe doing something similar, and being totally disgusted. Maybe not, though...Joe's not a really adventurous eater :)

MZP said...

awesome, awesome, awesome.

Zogg said...

So funny and so John

katharine said...

i bet he smells festive :)

Editt said...

Ha ha ha! I got a good laugh out of that one. Now I'm curious about the stove potpourri... ;)