Thursday, January 31, 2013

Things I do wrong, part 4...VT reporting...

I do not report visiting teaching correctly...I know I don't. I am pretty sure I annoy my supervisors because I don't do it right.

It is related to an experience with a sort of anal know-it-all bishop (we loved him though) and less active sister who had moved into the ward but had never come to church in years (and had never been to the ward) so no one even knew who she was. I was her VT and I felt like (and I still feel like) I had done what I could to see her and get to know her. It wasn't especially easy. (I think I might hear Michele sighing as she reads this but hopefully you have forgotten since it was more traumatic for me :)

It was not a pleasant experience but I should still repent and just report my VTing how I am suppose to but I won't. I don't send in a report, instead I basically send in a letter account of everything I did that month and then let my supervisor decide how to report it. She can make the judgement call...

Today though I am sending in my report and I am going to try real hard and just do it right! :)

3 comments:

ajoachim said...

I hope your next series is "Things I Do Right"!!!

Zogg said...

Leaving the deciding up to them is great. To simply check them off or not is the part of having stewardship over someone that is unappealing to me to.

Editt said...

Um...I'm confused how is that wrong?? Aren't you supposed to include details, etc...hmmmm.