Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day of Love...

Happy Valentine's Day...
This last weekend we were in Austin for the funeral of John's Grandmother Pauline Goodwin. We didn't take the older boys but we took Sam and our own little Elizabeth Pauline. Today I thought a lot about Grandma Goodwin and her wonderful life of faith and service and love. We have spent a lot of time the last two weeks talking about all our special memories of Pauline and I am always surprised how much the boys remember her.
Since it is a day of love I leave you with my two favorite quotes from the boys about Grandma Goodwin...

Hyrum's birthday letter to her...quoted exactly ;)
"We think this is your finale birthday on earth. I had so much fun with you. Earth will never be the same without you."
And from Seth...
"Don't worry...my friendship with Grandma Goodwin will last forever."

Brings me tears :) The boys still pray she is having a good time in heaven...
Love you Pauline Goodwin...love you....


3 comments:

MZP said...

this is so sweet. we can't stop thinking/talking about/reminiscing, too.

Jet said...

So sorry to hear. She was such a kind woman!

Janine said...

It is wonderful to have known someone like Grandma Goodwin. Not many people as kind and amazing.