Wednesday, August 28, 2013

musique

For our family reunion we had to submit our favorite songs. My uncle then put them together and we tried to guess what songs belonged to who...it was really fun. My cousins are super into music. I am not (as much) but it was fun and everyone has blogged their list so...
Here is my music post...

This is the list that I submitted to my uncle. It was hard but I tried to pick a list that covered who I was at different times in my life along with my all-time favorites.

1. Rocky Mountain High/Poems, Prayers and Promises - John Denver
2. Ding Dong Merrily on High
 
3. Mysterious Ways/Promenade/Mothers of the Disappeared/So Cruel/I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For - U2
4. Spaceboy/Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins

5. Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - Rachmaninoff  
6. Bring Him Home - Les Miserables
7. I'm Gonna Miss You - Milli Vanilli
 
8. Chewy, Chewy - Ohio Express
9. Abide with Me/ O My Father
10. Angels We Have Heard on High
11. Battle Hymn of the Republic
12. A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
13. Take On Me - Aha

But...I am going to do a top 10 for all my different "favorites" because I want to. This is a pretty stable list but they change every so often. I don't think I have time to add the Pumpkins but someday maybe a top 10 from them!

I start with my two all time favorites John Denver and U2 basically in order of my most favorite...

John Denver (ack...this was hard. I have more than 10 favorites)
1. Rocky Mountain High
2. Poems, Prayers and Promises
3. Like A Sad Song
4. Annie's Song
5. Take Me Home Country Roads
6. Bread and Roses
7. Homegrown Tomatoes
8. Fox Fire Suite
9. Rhymes and Reason
10. Looking for Space

U2 (also hard!)
1. Mysterious Ways
2. Still Haven't Found What I Am Looking For
3. So Cruel
4. Sort of Homecoming
5. Promenade
6. 40/October
7. Mother's of the Disappeared
8. Bad
9. With or Without You/Bad (especially on Rattle and Hum for both)
10. All I Want Is You

Christmas
1. Ding Dong Merrily On High
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. White Christmas
4. Silver Bells
5. Silent Night
6. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing/Joy to the World/Away In a Manger
7. Winter Wonderland
8. I'll Be Home For Christmas
9. Sleigh Ride
10. Santa's Beard/Blue Christmas/Christmas-Baby Please Come Home

Hymns (this one is hard too because I love so many so I kept going and going. Sorry if I left out some commas here and there. I'd have to look up all the songs to know exactly where they go because there are so many in the hymns :)

1. Battle Hymn of the Republic
2. A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
3. Have I Done Any Good
4. Abide with Me/Know This That Every Soul Is Free
5. O My Father
6. Lead, Kindly Light
7. Each Life That Touches Ours For Good/Have I Done Any Good
8. A Mighty Fortress Is Our Good
9. They, the Builders of the Nation
10. All Creatures of Our God and King
11. For the Beauty of the Earth
12. The Spirit of God
13. Where Can I Turn For Peace
14. Oh, May My Soul Commune With Thee
15. O Love That Glorifies the Son
16. Lord, Dismiss Us With Thy Blessing
17. How Great Thou Art
18. How Firm a Foundation
19. Be Still My Soul
20. In Humility Our Savior

4 comments:

Language Translation ‎ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

Well, gosh! You are definitely much holier than me! I didn't even list any hymns! :/

So I'll do that now: I think my favorite hymn is "I Believe in Christ," "Keep the Commandments," and "Be Still, My Soul." I didn't always love that last one, but it's meant so much to me in the last few years.

As for U2, you're 10th song is my favorite! I just listened to it this week, even! :)

This was a fun post to read. :)

merathon said...

U2-- my faves are 1, 3, and 10!

top ad said...

Packers and movers in ghaziabad
Packers and movers in noida
packers and movers in delhi
packers and movers in pune
packers and movers in bangalore
Packers and movers in chennai
Packers and movers in ahmedabad
packers and movers in kolkata
Packers and movers in mumbai
Packers and movers in hayderabad
packers and movers in gurgaon